- As executive officers of P&C General Contracting Ltd., we will ensure that every reasonable precaution will be taken to provide a safe work environment
- P & C intends to comply with all safety laws and ordinances and provide a safe workplace.
- Safety of employees, the public, and our operations are paramount.
- Safety will always take precedence.
- Every attempt will be made to reduce the possibility of accident occurrence.
- Health and Safety violations will be recorded in the employee file
- Management, supervisors/foremen and subcontractors will be held accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision.
- All employees are responsible for their own behaviour and are accordingly required to observe the safety regulations and to point out any hazard, which they themselves cannot eliminate.
- We will review the H&S Policy and Manual annually.
Health and Safety Policy 2017 (PDF)
Implementation of Policy (done by Management and Supervisors/Foremen)
- Prompt action to eliminate unsafe conditions and to maintain good housekeeping at the shop and on the job site.
- Orientation of new employees in Company policy of accident prevention.
- Employees will be trained in the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Proper training on work methods and explanations of potential hazards.
- Established procedures for emergencies.
- Reporting all accidents and injuries immediately (responsibility of all staff).
- Quarterly General Staff meetings to review P&C and industry safety practices.
- Regular tool box meetings and workplace inspections
- Accident prevention control is essential for the Company morale and Company existence and must be of prime importance to everyone.
- Every employee has the right to expect a proper place in which to work, the proper machines and tools with which to do their job, so that they will be able to devote their energies to their work without danger to life and health.
- The loss of earnings and physical injuries suffered by employees as a result of accidents are factors that, in themselves, justify a constant and intensive accident prevention program.
NOTE: We are all responsible for recommendations on safer methods of operations, protective equipment and other measures to reduce hazards. Ideas, suggestions or problems are welcome at all times.
Our safety program calls for active participation and requires continuous improvement .